The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade’s 2021 Essay Writing is open for applications. In light of the ongoing volcanic eruptions in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the Ministry has extended the essay submission deadline from the 30th April to 21st May, 2021 to provide opportunities for more students to participate.
The competition is open to students between the ages of 9-13 years for the Envoys category while students aged 14-18 years can participate in the Ambassadors category. The topics in the Envoys category are as follows:
- The Cuban Brigade should receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Discuss.
- Imagine you have a business in the tourism sector – how would you adjust to remain operational and profitable during the pandemic?
- Volcanoes, Eruptions, and Evacuations. Is there room for regional and international solidarity? Discuss.
The topics in the Ambassadors category are:
- Do you think that vaccines will become the new visas for travel? Why or why not?
- How can Saint Vincent and the Grenadines utilise information technology to be competitive in the global market?
- Prime Minister of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Dr. The Hon. Ralph E. Gonsalves in an address to the nation stated “no one is safe, until everyone is safe”. Discuss how regional and international organisations can help us to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
The competition provides a platform for youth to hone their research and writing abilities. It also allows participants to garner in-depth knowledge on local, regional, and international affairs and events via research and applicability to their lives, as well as to the Vincentian society. The annual competition has been supported by Digicel SVG which is the lone sponsor of this initiative. Some of the prizes for this competition include cash prizes, trophies, certificates and gadgets.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade