The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade wishes to inform that April 21st is observed internationally as World Creativity and Innovation Day (WCID). In 2017, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines drafted and led negotiations on resolution 71/284 which was subsequently adopted by the UN General Assembly and calls for the annual observance of WCID.
As part of the activities planned to celebrate the WCID 2021 in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade in collaboration with the Agency of Public Information, Invest SVG, the National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission and the Information Technology Services Division within the Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Information Technology will undertake several activities. One such activity is a ninety (90) minute programme which looks at how local entities have been utilizing innovation and technology to;
- Combat the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Bring awareness to the impact of COVID-19;
- Provide outreach and assistance during the pandemic;
- Offer products and services in a safe way during the pandemic; and/or
- Offer products and services helpful during the pandemic.
Source: Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade