Concessions are available for duties and taxes exemptions under the following established areas:
For more details on concessions see Appendix 1
Terms and conditions apply under each area:
- Applicants are expected to provide evidence of good-standing from Inland Revenue Department, Commerce and Intellectual Property Office (C.I.P.O) and National Insurance Services as appropriate.
- All Concessions’ granted are valid for 1 year, from the date on the letter of approval issued by the Ministry of Finance. Request for extension would be granted for legitimate reasons.
- Concessions are granted and will be valid for motor vehicles with manufactured dates less than 12 years as per Cabinet decision.
- Permission to import left hand drive vehicles must be requested from the Ministry of Finance.
- Vehicles may not be sold within the four-year period following the granting of the concession
N.B. Applications for concession should be addressed to the Director General of Finance and logged at the Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Information Technology.
- Waiver of Import Duty and VAT on personal effects whether new or old if the person had been living abroad for ten (10) years or more and has returned to take up permanent residence in SVG.
- Seventy-five (75) percent waiver of duty, VAT and Excise Tax on one (1) vehicle per household.
Agency : Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Information Technology