How to Apply for an Import Licence
Application forms are available online or can be collected at:-
Ministry of Department of Commerce & Trade
3rd Floor Administrative Building
Application Forms require the following information:
1. Name and Address of Importer
2. Description of items, quantity and cost
3. Country of origin/shipment
4. Name and Address of Exporting Firm
5. Signature of Applicant
All Import Licence applications must be filled out in triplicate originals (NO carbon copies or photocopies will be accepted). Import Licences will be ready for collection within forty eight (48) hours of lodging applications. A $5.00 (EC) revenue stamp is required for each new application. A copy of the application form will be returned to the applicant to be presented for collection goods.
1. Apply for Import Licence before the product is ordered
2. All Import Licence are valid for a period of three (3) months
3. All meat and fishery products would need the approval of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries before an Import Licence is granted.
4. Application for the importation of Beers, Stouts and Malts are to be approved by the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Bureau of Standards before an Import Licence is granted.