The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Commerce wishes to inform the general public that in light of the evolving worldwide COVID-19 pandemic and in order to minimize exposure, the Embassy of the United States of America located in Bridgetown, Barbados have implemented the following changes:
1. Effective March 18, 2020, the United States Embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados is cancelling all routine non-immigrant and immigrant visa appointments.
2. The Embassy has limit visa processing to cases not requiring a personal appearance, such as government and diplomatic visas, and categories already entitled to interview waiver. This will affect both immigrant and non-immigrant visa processing.
3. The Consular Section at the Embassy will also consider emergency requests on a case by case basis.
4. The Embassy will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. Please note that the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fee remains valid and may be used for a non-immigrant visa application in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment.
5. The Renewal Interview Waiver (RIW) and Interview Waiver Program (IWP) remain operational. Please see more information about these programs at https://bb.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/.
6. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately on a non-immigrant visa, please follow the guidance provided at https://bb.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/ or call +1 246 623 9832 or +1 246 623 9833 to request an emergency appointment.
For more information, persons are kindly required to visit the Embassy’s website at https://bb.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/.
SOURCE: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Commerce